TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMINOLOGY & ABOUT US:
“We, our, us, personnel” refers to DMA performance limited, a company registered in England and Wales at companies. Our registered office is Unit 2, Ridley road, Burnt mills industrial estate, Basildon, SS131EG. Our registered number is 10404284.
“The work, works, labour” relates to the servicing, repair or any other work described on your invoice, estimate or intending works.
“Parts, goods, products, items” the supply of goods, or parts supplied by us the company, whether or not in conjunction with the work.
“You, your, the user, the customer, the driver” – You
- We accept VISA & MasterCard credit cards
- We accept VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Switch debit, Google pay, Apple pay, American Express
- For card payments we will require the full card number, expiry date, issue number and cardholders full statement address details.
- We accept bank transfers- please contact us for our bank account details
- Cash payments
Cheques are no longer accepted
All prices shown are correct at the time of publishing and are subject to change without prior notice
COMPANY WEBSITE DISCLAIMER:
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. We as a company endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about performance figure accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website or the products it promotes.
If through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
DMA Performance Limited holds no liability for mechanical cover as the nature of performance tuning entails that additional stresses are exerted in order to achieve the power gains. Additional information on particular items is highlighted below:
- Turbo – A turbo is a consumable item and can fail even on brand new vehicles running standard tune engines, they can last from 10k miles up to 150k miles and there is no indication of longevity, due to the high rpm’s they operate at a simple small weakness can cause failure. When performance tuning we utilise a very small boost increase which is within the specs of the turbo, this does however have the potential to highlight any weakness’ and can, although very rare, cause the turbo to fail. This is extremely infrequent however we cannot be held liable in this instance.
- Clutch – The life of a clutch can vary hugely depending on the predominant use, for instance a car used mainly in town will wear the thrust bearing and pressure plate much quicker than a vehicle used predominantly on the motorway. The clutch will undergo additional stress when modified and as such it is not uncommon for it to highlight any weakness in the clutch operation.
We provide a lifetime warranty on the software against any bugs, corruption or necessary updates. This is not transferable and is only valid for the original purchaser.
- Before returning any goods please read all our terms and conditions.
- DMA Performance Limited must be informed by e-mail or telephone on 03330 326 888 of any items that you wish to return for credit or exchange within 7 working days commencing the day of delivery, purchase or installation, A member of staff will provide you with a Returns Notice Number.
- Please also ensure that you include a copy of your invoice when shipping any items back to us as well as your Returns Notice Number.
- If an item is sent back to us without a Returns Notice Number; a refund will not be given.
- No parts that have been used, fitted or installed will be accepted for Credit or Refund.
- We will not under any circumstances pay any VAT/Import Duties on Returns, If we are requested to do so your return will be rejected/abandoned.
FOR ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED CORRECTLY & ASSUMING GOODS ARE IN RESALEABLE CONDITION:
- Within 14 days from the day of delivery – Goods can be returned for ANY reason for a full refund of goods and initial delivery charge.
- We do not cover returns postage back to us
- After 14 days from the day of delivery – Goods can be returned but with a 20% handling charge. The initial delivery charge & return delivery charges will NOT be refunded.
- After 28 days from the day of delivery – Goods are not accepted back for a refund.
FOR ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED INCORRECTLY & ASSUMING GOODS ARE IN RESALABLE CONDITION:
Within 28 days from the day of delivery – Goods can be accepted back for a full refund, refund for initial shipping and refund for return shipping.
- If goods are not in re-saleable condition e.g. fitted/test fitted, original packaging not present, covered in grease/lube etc, supplied correctly or incorrectly we will not accept for a refund.
Increasing the performance of any engine will exert additional stresses that engines wouldn’t normally undergo. That’s not to say that it is harmful to the engine for the simple fact that ALL engines are designed to create “Stress”, or “Torque” as it is more commonly known. All modern engines are immensely durable and strong, so we design our remaps to remain well within the design spec of the engine. This therefore means that in most cases the vehicle will be well within tolerance even when modified. In saying this, remaps have an uncanny way of finding the “weak links” as such, and can highlight components that are about to fail or operating out of spec. You must be aware that performance tuning has the ability to highlight issues earlier than the standard map would, and as such you accept this as your responsibility. It is for you to decide if your vehicle is ‘remap ready’ and fit to be tuned. The before and after figures quoted are for illustration purposes only and are not guaranteed. The reason is this assumes that your vehicle is producing the claimed standard power to begin with. It is an accepted fact that vehicles naturally reduce in power over time with age and mileage and how they have been maintained over that time. Although we can guarantee an increase, as with all remaps results may vary.
We will not be held responsible for any accidents, damages, faults, or legal claims as a result of the enhanced performance of the vehicle. The user is also warned that the vehicle performance will be increased after installation of the remap ecu software, and due care should be taken by the user in order to adjust to the new levels of performance.
You accept that DMA performance limited will charge a £50 inc vat non-refundable deposit where they see fit unless authorised by senior personnel.
It is imperative that all tyres fitted to your vehicle are suitable for use on a dynamometer (no winter tyres, no treaded track tyres, no puncture repairs and are at their usual operating pressures). You understand that we will carry out a pre-tuning health check on your vehicle at a cost to yourself, the customer.
You accept that DMA performance limited will charge a £50 inc VAT non-refundable deposit where they see fit unless authorised by senior personnel.
The vehicle in question must be aligned correctly and with no extreme camber as this can give inaccurate results. All fluid levels must be checked and the vehicle must not have any leaks. Any damage to the dynamometer caused by tyre failures or fluid leaks will be chargeable. Any fluid leaks into the dynamometer will incur a 2 hour labour charge for us to carry out specialist cleaning. Should the vehicle need to be removed from the dynamometer due to any failures on the vehicles part, you will be charged for our time spent to remove the vehicle from the dynamometer, clean or repair as needed and restart the process, this is charged at £90 inc VAT per hour.
You must advise our operator of any REV limitations prior to commencement of works. The vehicle must not have any exhaust leaks as these will affect mixture readings. Although we take as many precautions as possible, all dynamometer runs are at the customer’s own risk. Rolling road tests create stress on the vehicle and can lead to component failure. As an intending rolling road customer you must read, understand and accept the conditions and responsibilities stated. We recommend you take the time to read through our dyno prep guide. If you would prefer, we can carry out our pre-dyno safety check on site at a charge of £250 inc VAT.
It is common for the DPF failure to be a direct result of a chain reaction from multiple component failure. EGR valves, Temp, Lambda, Pressure sensors, Injector Wear, Turbo wear and leaking oil seals being just a few of the root causes of DPF blockage and failure. Therefore, when you request us to perform a ‘DPF delete’ and filter removal from your vehicle you have to accept that it is likely your vehicle may still have underlying problems and that the DPF failure may be just one of many associated issues that need further work in addition to the ‘DPF delete’ process. This extra work is not included as part of the DPF delete process. Our liability is limited to the 3 points below (Definition of DPF delete). For the purposes of clarity any further diagnosis in to the causation and subsequent rectification of any remaining underlying issues will be classed as additional work and not part of the DPF delete process and is therefore chargeable. You will be required to sign a disclaimer to state that you understand while it’s not illegal to remove a car’s DPF, it is illegal to drive without it if one should be fitted.
We define a DPF delete is the process to achieve the 3 points below
- Remove the effected DPF filter
- Modify the ECU to prevent future regenerations after the blocked filter is removed
- Modify the ECU to bring your car out of limp mode and turn off error codes and DPF dash warning lights, *subject to sensors operating correctly
CUSTOMER OPTING TO REMOVE THEIR OWN FILTER:
Our guarantee is void when the customer opts to remove the physical filter themselves thereby taking a crucial part of the process from our expert control.
Nothing herein contained is intended to affect, nor will it affect, a customer’s statutory rights under the supply of good and services act 1982 and the unfair contracts act 1977 or any amendment thereof.
An estimate given for the repair shall be provisional and will be subject to variations in the price of parts or materials between the date of estimate and the date of repair. It will also depend on further work or parts which are found to be necessary – subject to the conditions overleaf on further work which is required. A charge may be made for an estimate.
Any VAT shown on the estimate is at the rate in force at the time the estimate was prepared. The VAT charged on completion of the repair will be the rate applicable at that time.
The repairer reserves the right to refuse to carry out any work on the vehicle which in their opinion, they consider to be unroadworthy, or work which would make the vehicle unsafe. They may refuse to carry out work which might have a detrimental effect on other parts of the vehicle.
The company will only release the vehicle to the customer after repairs are completed, unless it is requested by the customer to release the vehicle to the customer’s agent.
If the vehicle is not collected, or arrangements are not made for its collection after completion of the work has been notified in writing, weekly storage charges at the rate applicable at the time of expiry of the said notice, may be imposed as if the vehicle repaired had been left for storage. This may also apply if authority to proceed is not given within a reasonable time of an estimate having been submitted.
a. Unless other arrangements have been agreed, all repairs must be paid for in full before collection.
b. Specially ordered, non-returnable parts require full payment upfront prior to ordering.
c. Parts with a value of over £500inc VAT require full payment prior to ordering.
The repairer has the right to hold a vehicle after the completion of its repairs until such time as the account is paid in full.
- UNCOLLECTED GOODS
The repairer may exercise his rights as regards uncollected goods under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 and if the goods are not collected when the work is completed, or before any notice to that effect expires, the repairer may proceed to sell the goods subject to any notice under the Act. In this event, the vehicle will be sold at best market price and after deduction of the cost of repair, plus other charges and expenses in connection with the sale, the balance will be returned.
It may be necessary for the repairer to sub-contract all or part of the work to other competent repairers.
- REPLACEMENT PARTS
All parts replaced, other than those exchanged for replacement parts, or those subject to a warranty claim become the property of the company unless the customer requests their return prior to commencement of repairs.
Where new paintwork is required and the metalwork is found to be rusted, every possible reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent such rust penetrating after completion of painting, but no guarantee can be given in this respect. If partial paintwork is required, every endeavour will be made to match the existing colour scheme, but no guarantee can be given of perfect colour match at this time or after.
The repairer will do his utmost to complete the repair by the date and time requested, but cannot accept any responsibility for delay resulting from the non or late availability of parts, or other reason beyond their control.
a. The repairer will take reasonable care of the vehicle, while in their custody. This duty does not extend to items of personal property or business goods left in the vehicle. Customers should therefore ensure that all valuable items of personal property or business goods are removed from the vehicle prior to commencement of repairs.
b. Where by agreement with, or on the instructions of the customer, the vehicle is left outside the repairers’ premises, before or after normal business hours, on an unfenced part of the said premises, any risk or loss or damage howsoever occasioned, will be the customer’s responsibility.
c. Should DMA performance limited require access to where a child seat must be removed, it is your responsibility to ensure safe reinstalment of said child seat.
The repairer will guarantee all repair work against failure due to faulty materials or workmanship for a period of three months or 3,000 miles, whichever first occurs, provided that the vehicle is taken back to, or a third party repairer is authorised by the repairer. This does not seek to affect your statutory rights.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Any shortfall or damages to goods must be notified as soon as is reasonably possible following receipt of the goods.
- All parts being returned must be in resalable condition including all the original packaging. Items will not be accepted if they appear to have been fitted, had sealant/grease/paint applied or the packaging damaged.
- Any items which have been amended or modified from their original specification will not be credited under any circumstance. Any amendments or modifications carried out in an effort to install items are done so purely at the end user’s risk.
- All products intended to be painted must be trial fitted to vehicle prior to painting.
- If a vehicle has been into our workshop and had the wheels removed, the wheel nuts/bolts/studs will need to be checked after 25 miles of normal road use. This is the owner/driver of the vehicle’s responsibility.
- Advisories given on workshop invoices are recommendations based on our findings are sometimes legal requirements. Please ensure you check with a member of staff if you have queries regarding any advisory recommendations.
- We reserve the right to refuse exchange units, which are considered to be in an unserviceable condition.
- Surcharges must be paid upon purchase of any reconditioned/rebuilt items and will be reimbursed only if and when the supplier or manufacturer accepts the surcharge unit.
- All goods remain the property of DMA Performance Limited until paid for and payment received in full.
- We accept no claim for labour under any circumstances.
- Any product or labour warranty offered is non-transferable.
- With the vast majority of manufacturers, items must be returned for inspection prior to any warranty repair or replacement being agreed.
- No warranty will be considered unless you can produce a genuine invoice in your name.
- If old parts removed from your vehicle during an install are left with us, they will be disposed of at our discretion after 5 business days.
- Where hazardous waste disposal is required, an environmental waste charge will be added to your invoice.